Courses and Credit
Each course a student takes abroad, regardless of the grade received or how course credit counts toward degree requirements, must:
- Be approved via the credit evaluation process; students are strongly encouraged to do this prior to submitting their applications.
- Transfer back to the student’s Ohio State record.
- Be completed for graded Ohio State credit. This grade will be factored into the student’s GPA.
Multiple summer programs are available. The semester programs offer a rich variety of exciting courses in the fields of International Relations, Social Sciences, Arts, Environmental Studies, History, Religion, Business and many more. Each course awards 3 semester credits, for a total of up to 15 undergraduate level credits per semester (21 credits with Ulpan, see below).
Completion of the credit evaluation process does not guarantee the availability of the course abroad. Students are encouraged to have multiple back-up courses approved. Students who cancel their participation for failure to secure approval for desired coursework will be subject to the cancellation policy
Admitted participants are required to register themselves in the temporary study abroad placeholder course, ARTSSCI 5797. Further instructions will be provided upon admission to the program.
Each semester program is preceded by a mandatory Intensive Hebrew course (Ulpan), offering students at different levels of language proficiency the ability to substantially develop their Hebrew skills. The Ulpan awards students 6 semester credits upon successful completion. Native Hebrew speakers may request to take an Ulpan-exemption test when confirming their participation, but not later.
Students are strongly encouraged to discuss their overall academic goals with their academic advisor(s) beforehand.
This program offers multiple sessions during the summer semester. While completing your OSU application, you will be asked to submit your intended session(s) and credit(s). Tel Aviv University program offers the following approved options:
Please refer to the Tel Aviv University website for more detailed information.
- Summer Undergraduate Session (June 11-July 23): Variable (5-7) credits
- Summer Research in the Sciences (June 11-Aug 13): Variable
- Summer Entrepreneurship Program (June 28-July 23): 4 credits
- Summer Internship I (June 11-July 28): 3 credits
- Summer Internship II (June 28-Aug 28): Variable
- Arabic Language Programs (June 11-July 23): 4 credits
- Yiddish Summer Programs (June 28-July 30): 4 credits